Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising is one of the fundamental tools of all online marketing campaigns. Whenever you do a simple Google search, you’ll find dozens of ads located on the right side of the screen or at the top of the listings that are sponsored. Local businesses like yours have bid a click price to place their ads there. If you click those ads, they will pay the bid price for that click.
The idea is that when you target the right keywords for your industry, Pay Per Click advertising will allow you to target only the people who are interested in your products or services, making it well worth the amount paid for those clicks.
[youtube_sc url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A424nMZv5F4" title="Local%20PPC%20Advertising" modestbranding="1" autohide="1" fs="1" hd="1" rel="0" showsearch="0"]
The Benefits of PPC Advertising
PPC advertising can be incredibly profitable – but only when done properly. The horror stories you’ve heard of businesses losing thousands of dollars are true, but only because they did not have a good Pay Per Click advertising plan in place before spending money on ads. Tangible benefits of PPC advertising include:
- Speed – PPC advertising is very fast. You can start a new campaign in less than an hour and start getting clicks right away, with instant data reports to analyse. Organic search listings can take weeks or months in some cases.
- Data – Because clicks begin immediately, so too does the data you need to analyse the effectiveness of your landing page and your sales funnel. Only a good Pay Per Click advertising campaign will allow you to gather that data, however. Ideally, you’ll learn how much it costs, who clicks, who buys, and where everyone comes from nearly instantly.
- Selection – The ideal PPC advertising campaign will allow you to choose exactly which terms and phrases will be clicked on to reach your site. This can take a tremendous amount of research and keyword integration, but when a successful Pay Per Click campaign is developed, profit is practically guaranteed.
Whether you’re a new business on the Internet or a major local business with a new website, Pay Per Click advertising should be a part of your plans. Maintenance can be incredibly hard, but that’s why DMP Concepts is here – to provide the professional maintenance and management you need to succeed.
Pitfalls of Unsuccessful PPC Advertising
Unsuccessful PPC advertising can result from a number of issues that businesses encounter. Here are a few of the most common concerns:
- Google’s Whims – As the provider of more than 65% of the world’s searches and even more of its PPC advertising, Google has the power to do whatever it wants to your ads and the way they appear. These rules change often and can be hard to understand. A PPC advertising professional will have the knowledge needed to understand, quality scoring, ad relevance, click thru rates, bid pricing, keyword grouping, and ad scoring among dozens of other factors.
- Keywords – If you’ve used AdWords, you’re wasting money already. You don’t have enough keywords (most people do not). A successful PPC advertising campaign should have as many as 3,000 extremely highly targeted longtail keywords, not 15 general terms.
- Testing and Tracking – Every ad you write should be split test and your landing page should be constantly tracked to determine conversion levels. If you’re not taking full advantage of these necessities, you’re only wasting time on PPC advertising.
Page Targeting – Your home page is valuable, but in PPC advertising, you need to target specific product pages and service locations. Speaking to a customer, targeting their needs and developing a long term marketing strategy are all vital to a successful PPC advertising campaing.
Pay Per Click Advertising Set Up
When you get started, you’ll need an expert analysis and development of your PPC advertising campaign. Here is what DMP Concepts has to offer:
- Analysis of current site analytics.
- In depth keyword research, generation, and comparison across multiple niches.
- Competitor and market analysis to determine successful strategies.
- Keyword segmentation and ad group creation
- AdWord campaign creation, ad development and copy design.
- Multiple ad development for your PPC advertising campaign’s Ad Groups with on-going Split Testing.
- Monitoring and replacement of non-performing ads.
- Conversion, ROI, and Call Tracking
- 24 Hour Monitoring of your PPC advertising campaign’s account activity and costs
- Conversion, cost per click, and budget goal documentation.
- Geographic targeting.
- Site targeting.
- Image and Banner ad campaign maintenance
Click Here to get a price quote on your chosen marketing packages that are custom tailored to your business needs .